Strategic pricing is arguably the most important factor in selling a home. Your property has a target customer. Pricing too high will alienate those potential buyers. Pricing too low will result in money lost. Striking the proper balance is crucial to the success of your listing.
CREG pricing recommendations are based on the following:
- Property location, size, features and condition.
- Recently sold properties (listing vs. selling price and days spent on the market).
- Active listings in the area (available inventory, average days spent on the market, etc.).
- Market conditions (interest rates, economic factors and trends).
WHAT IS YOUR HOME WORTH?
Please complete the following form in order to receive an estimation of your home’s value.
PREPARING TO SELL
The right preparation will give your listing a competitive advantage. Potential buyers should be able to easily envision themselves in your home. Make a positive impression:
• Keep the yard mowed, edged and free of clutter.
• Maintain and/or consider planting shrubbery.
• Ensure that gutters and roof are clean.
• Consider pressure washing or painting the exterior if necessary.
• Tidy the entrance – sweep, clear cobwebs, wash windows and clean light fixtures.
• Eliminate clutter inside the home and clean thoroughly.
• If walls are damaged, repaint with a color that isn’t taste specific.
• Shampoo carpets. Consider replacing flooring that is dated or worn.
SHOWING YOUR HOME
Careful attention to the items listed above will impress potential buyers, but the following tips may also be helpful when showing your home:
• If possible, leave the house while it is being shown and bring pets with you.
• Turn on all lights and lamps.
• Tidy up the day of, but never turn down a showing in order to clean.